Caldwell Summer JAM Camp
This summer, come JAM with us!
The Caldwell Arts Council 2023 Summer JAM Camp is a 10-week summer program where students from 8 to 17 years of age can learn to play their choice of guitar, mandolin, fiddle or banjo* in the old-time tradition of learning to play and sing by ear. Classes begin on June 7 and run through August 16, with July 5 off for the holiday.
Summer JAM offers both beginner and intermediate classes in guitar, mandolin, fiddle and banjo* in one-hour sessions. The camp is held on consecutive Wednesdays at The HUB Station Arts Center, located at 145 Cedar Valley Road in Hudson. Beginner classes are held at 2:30 pm, with Intermediate classes to follow at 3:30 pm.
- Instructors are Bob Henson for guitar, Jerry McLean for mandolin, and Mary Ervin for fiddle. *Banjo will be offered if an instructor is available.
- Per class registration is a minimum of 5 students and a maximum of 10.
- Summer JAM fees are $100 for the 10 week music camp with a 25% discount available for siblings.
- Instruments are available for students to rent for $15 for the summer JAM program.
- Students achieving some proficiency may be invited to perform live at the Happy Valley Fiddlers Convention in historic Happy Valley on Labor Day Weekend.
- Participants also can sign up for school year JAM with available instrument rentals. Click for information.
Check back for the updated online 2023 Summer JAM registration link. If you have questions, contact us by phone at 828-754-2486 or by email.