Our non-profit organization seeks a part-time Business Manager to manage our financial records and financial operations. The Caldwell Arts Council will soon relocate to allow for greater program delivery, so this staff member may have the opportunity to expand skills into other areas if desired.
- Manage all aspects of program invoicing including tuitions, art competition and event-related fees.
- Process cash, check, and card payments for retail sales, program fees, donations, grants, and other income; and make weekly bank deposits.
- Maintain donor database, recording donations, foundation gifts, and grants and updating information as necessary; print donation and foundation gift acknowledgement letters for Executive Director on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all check requests, vendor invoices, and other financial documents are reviewed and approved for payment by the Executive Director.
- Print and mail checks in a timely manner for approved payments.
- Track gallery and merchandise sales, computing sales tax payments and artist consignment payouts.
- Enter AR and AP financial data into QuickBooks.
- Manage payroll from timesheets.
- Meet all month end and quarterly financial reporting/payment deadlines including NC sales tax, NC and federal withholdings, state unemployment insurance, and Simple IRA.
- Assist the Executive Director with the financial aspects of grants, ensuring that allocations are appropriately deposited, and that sub-granted funds are correctly distributed.
- Address accounting discrepancies as necessary.
- Create and provide financial reports as requested by the Executive Director.
- Assist in analyzing and reviewing budgets, and monitoring income and expenses.
- Offer suggestions to cut costs, streamline, and enhance the organization’s various procedures.
- Assist the Executive Director with the facilitation of financial and tax audits with external auditors that includes securing appropriate W-9 certificates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting with non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience (accounts payables, receivables, and basic general ledger accounts) using QuickBooks, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications. Background in donor databases is not required but is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, efficient, multi-tasker, and clear communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Hours & Benefits
The Business Manager is a part-time position located at the Caldwell Arts Council offices. The work schedule is flexible Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm. This position will typically work an average of 10 hours a week. CAC offers a generous Paid Time Off package and optional Simple IRA with a 3% match.
Email a cover letter and resume with professional references to Caldwell Arts Council Executive Director Ellen Ball at email@example.com. In your letter, please include why you want to work at the Caldwell Arts Council and use “Business Manager Application” as the subject line.